In fulfilling its mission, NCATC is guided by specific goals that include:
- Increasing the national awareness of ATCs and their positive impact on America's competitive ability and economic growth.
- Developing and facilitating the exchange of workforce development programs among NCATC members.
- Providing a forum for new and emerging technologies to allow ATCs to develop programs and services that reflect the technological landscape.
- Providing a conduit that allows ATCs to access information to optimally assist in the economic business development of their communities.
- Ensuring that each member is provided support in its development and evolution as an agent of change within its community.